Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9.9.09


I should be doing homework for my online classes right now. This is way more fun though.

Summer is over! :( And I feel like I accomplished nothing. No fun trips, no crazy parties, no adventures. I wasn't even in school... I just worked. Airbrushing definitely earned me some nice money, but I never have really judged success based on that. Now I just feel like I wasted these past few months.

So here's a mash-up of my summer sketchbook. Nothing that impressive, but definitely better stuff than what I was churning out before. Taking a quarter off of school helped so much! For once I was drawing because I wanted to and not because I had to. Even though I didn't really enjoy the break from the social side of school, I definitely needed a break from all the work. Due dates really put a damper on my enthusiasm.

Anyway, here's a look ahead for me.

1. Start school on Oct. 5th
2. Keep airbrushing throughout the winter
3. Race in my first alleycat on the 19th?
4. Continue to live happily in Minneapolis with my rock star maxcaven.com.

Yeah, about number three. It's an all female bike race called Babes in Bikeland. I keep reading about these races but I've never done one. This sounds like a fun place to start.

Wish me luck!

~A

No comments: